IMPARTIAL & INDEPENDENT CONSULTANCY SERVICE
Forensic Pathways can provide an unrivalled and unique source of forensic science expertise to organisations across the criminal justice system. Due to our range and calibre of expertise and true focus on our customer’s needs we can offer an impartial and independent consultancy service.
Our team of consultants have all worked for either major forensic science providers or Police services worldwide and therefore have a thorough understanding of both the prosecution and defence side of a criminal case. The level of expertise means that Forensic Pathways can help to ensure the provision of safe and sustainable forensic science evidence in court. Our consultants will provide expert advice across a wide range of both criminal and civil cases involving the full spectrum of forensic evidence types, including some very specialised areas.
Forensic Pathways offer
- A thorough and critical review of cases and case files
- Assess the interpretation of the exhibits examined and any ensuing scientific tests within the context of the circumstances of both the event and subsequent investigation
- Examine the integrity and continuity of exhibits and check for the likelihood of any potential contamination
- Examine the adherence to specified quality systems both within the laboratory and at the crime scene.
- Examine witness, police and scientific statements to ensure there is continuity with the forensic evidence Review the entire end to end process of a criminal case
- Visit and examine crime scenes
- Re-construct the events of a crime to ensure the evidence is relevant and “makes sense”
- Critique original results and more importantly the interpretation of these results
- Provide new avenues for scientific investigation
- Advise on the use of new forensic science technologies
- Brief barristers, lawyers, CPS, defence/prosecution legal teams, etc.
- Prepare full reports, as specified by the client
- Prepare Court-going statements
DR. CLINT HAMPSON
Clint is a specialised criminal defence lawyer who has a diverse set of skills and experience in both the law and Forensic Science. Clint completed a Bachelor of Science (BSc) at Curtin University and a Masters (MSc) in Forensic Science at the University of Western Australia before moving to the UK to take up an academic position as a Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Forensic Science at Liverpool University.
During his time in the UK, Clint completed his Doctorate (PhD) in Forensic Science and consulted to the UK Foreign Commonwealth Office and the private sector as an international forensic advisor.On returning to Australia in 2009 Clint became the Managing Director of Forensic Pathways, a dynamic global company providing several diverse services to various organisations across the criminal justice system in Australia and New Zealand.
These services included:
- Homicide case reviews;
- Criminal Appeals;
- Expert forensic consultancy (blood pattern analysis, DNA, digital forensics, fingerprint examinations, documents, soil forensics, palynology, ballistics et cetera);
- Due diligence and forensic investigations; and
- Mobile phone and telecommunication analytics.